Vitafoods Europe is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
These terms and conditions apply between the person, firm, company or other entity specified on your booking form (“you” or “your”) and the organiser, Informa Markets BV, a company registered in The Netherlands (registration number 30076951) whose registered address is at De Entrée 73 – Alpha Tower, 1101 BH Amsterdam, Netherlands (“Informa Markets”) for delegate registrations for the Vitafoods Europe Summit and/or the Vitafoods Europe Conference as further described at [www.vitafoods.eu.com] and specified in the registration form (each an “Event“ and together the “Events”). Please read them carefully as they contain important information. By submitting your registration to attend the Event(s) (“your registration”) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, Informa Markets will be unable to accept your registration.
1. Your registration is an offer to Informa Markets to attend the Vitafoods Europe Summit, which is subject to Informa Markets 's acceptance in writing (which may include, without limitation, email). A binding contract (“Agreement”) between Informa Markets and you will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance (“Confirmation” or “Confirmed”) is sent by Informa Markets to you (whether or not it is received) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration. You should contact Informa Markets if you have not received Confirmation within 5 days of your registration, but in any event if Confirmation is not sent within 14 days of Informa Markets receiving your registration, your registration will be deemed to be accepted unless Informa Markets notifies you otherwise. Informa Markets reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept your registration.
2. You will pay Informa Markets the fees specified on your booking form for the Vitafoods Europe Summit (“your fees”). Payment of your fees must be received in full not later than 48 hours before the Vitafoods Europe Summit. If payment of your fees in full is not received before the Vitafoods Europe Summit, Informa Markets may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Vitafoods Europe Summit or refuse you entry to the Vitafoods Europe Summit. No refunds of any proportion of your fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of your fees will remain due and payable where entry to the Vitafoods Europe Summit is refused under this Condition 2.
3. All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to Informa Markets ’s written approval. Discounts for group registrations are only valid for a minimum of 3 delegates specified on your booking form. Group discounts cannot be combined in conjunction with any other offers or discount codes. If the number of delegates who actually attend the Vitafoods Europe Summit is (for any reason) less than the number specified on your booking form, then Informa Markets may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged to reflect the number of delegates who actually attend the Vitafoods Europe Summit in line with Informa Markets ’s published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable to Informa Markets as a result shall be paid in line with Condition 2.
4. Prices for each Vitafoods Europe Summit are correct at the time of publication. Informa Markets reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been Confirmed by Informa Markets .
5. It is the intent of the parties that Informa will receive your fees net of all applicable taxes, including, without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (“Taxes”), all of which shall be paid solely by you. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of your fees, the amount of your fees shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including, without limitation, any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
6. You may cancel your registration in accordance with this Condition 6. All cancellations must be sent in writing to [email protected] at Informa Markets and must be received before Friday, 25 March 2022 to receive a refund of 50% of your fees (the other 50% of your fees remains payable). Informa Markets regrets that cancellations cannot be accepted after Friday, 25 March 2022. No refunds or other credits will be given in respect of attempted cancellations received after this date and the full amount of your fees remains payable. You acknowledge that the refund of 50% of your fees in accordance with this Condition 6 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded. Without limitation, Informa Markets regrets that refunds cannot be granted on the grounds of unsuccessful country visa applications into Switzerland.
7. Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome at any time before the Vitafoods Europe Summit start date, but in all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Vitafoods Europe Summit. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party, sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others or exploit your registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
8. Informa Markets may (at its sole discretion) change the format (including, without limitation, from a physical event to a virtual event and vice versa), speakers, participants, content, venue location, programme or any other aspect of the Vitafoods Europe Summit at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
9. Informa Markets may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel the Vitafoods Europe Summit at any time for any reason. Where Informa Markets changes the date or cancels the Vitafoods Europe Summit for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 10 shall apply) Informa Markets shall offer you the option of attending any rearranged Vitafoods Europe Summit that Informa Markets chooses to organise (acting in its sole discretion). If you promptly notify Informa Markets in writing before the date of the Vitafoods Europe Summit that you do not wish to attend the rearranged Vitafoods Europe Summit, or if Informa Markets elects not to rearrange the Vitafoods Europe Summit, then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of your fees received by Informa Markets .
10. Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in Informa Markets ’s sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of Informa Markets to hold the Vitafoods Europe Summit at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Vitafoods Europe Summit generally, then Informa Markets shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide an alternative venue for the Vitafoods Europe Summit; and/or (ii) reschedule the Vitafoods Europe Summit. Any of your fees received by Informa Markets shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Vitafoods Europe Summit held pursuant to this Condition 10 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Vitafoods Europe Summit or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If Informa Markets is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Vitafoods Europe Summit pursuant to this Condition 10, then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by Informa Markets , in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 25% per cent of the total amount of your fees (Informa Markets may (in its sole discretion) either deduct the administration charge from any refund or credit note or invoice you separately). For the purpose of this Agreement, “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of Informa Markets including (without limitation) speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, royal demise, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, pandemic, industrial dispute, governmental or public health authority regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Vitafoods Europe Summit organised by Informa Markets pursuant to this Condition 10.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, Informa Markets shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or date change of the Vitafoods Europe Summit, howsoever arising, or any venue change. Service charges are non-refundable. Personal arrangements including, without limitation, travel and accommodation, are at your own risk and Informa Markets will not be liable for any costs relating to such arrangements, even if the Vitafoods Europe Summit is cancelled, changed or moved to new date(s) or a new location (for any reason). You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of Conditions 9 and 10 set out your sole remedy should the Vitafoods Europe Summit date be changed or cancelled and all other liability of Informa Markets is expressly excluded.
12. The Vitafoods Europe Summit, whether physical or virtual, are directed at business professionals. They are not intended for children under the age of sixteen (16). Informa Markets may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Vitafoods Europe Summit, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of Informa Markets represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Vitafoods Europe Summit. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by Informa Markets or the venue owners at the Vitafoods Europe Summit.
13. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Vitafoods Europe Summit as a delegate and you consent to the use by Informa Markets of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, Informa Markets excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Vitafoods Europe Summit; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) all liability for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss, howsoever arising, suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). Again to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, if Informa Markets Limitedis liable to you for any reason, Informa Markets ’s total liability to you in relation to the Vitafoods Europe Summit (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your fees received by Informa Markets .
16. If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, Informa Markets is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. Informa Markets’ obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non-performance and Informa Markets and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Condition 16 are subject to the provision of Condition 10.
17. Informa Markets reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
18. No person other than you and Informa Markets shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions without the prior written agreement of you and Informa Markets .
19. This Agreement is governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this Condition 19 shall prevent or restrict Informa Markets from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.
20. Where Informa Markets agrees to provide a translation of this Agreement, the English language text shall prevail to the extent that there is a conflict between the English language text and the translation.
Disclaimer for activities
You should consider carefully whether you will be able to participate in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme. Informa Markets warns that some activities may be physically demanding and/or carry inherent dangers. You accept that it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether participation in any activity in the visitor programme is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health. You also accept that it is entirely your responsibility to observe all safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to such activities. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Informa Markets and all entities within the Informa Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) hereby disclaim any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, injury or damage arising from your participation in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme, including, without limitation, any activities held outside of, or incidentally to the Vitafoods Europe Summit that you are attending.