Reducing your tablet production costs & increasing tooling life by 900%
I Holland helped companies to gain insights on how to produce more tablets and extend production campaigns without the need to change over your tablet tooling. I Holland provided a networking breakfast at Vitafoods 2018 while discussing how an inexpensive change to tablet punches can extend tooling life by up to 900%. Participants also had the chance to discuss any other production issues that had experienced and were offered advice on what can be done to reduce these.
The punches and dies used to make nutraceutical tablets are very often seen as a disposable item, to be thrown away and replaced once worn out. This means that you then need to go through the process of ordering and paying for new tooling and in addition, valuable production time is lost during de-tooling, cleaning and tooling up the press.
In this breakfast briefing, I Holland demonstrated how to use tried and tested technical advances and design techniques, along with innovative steels and coatings to combat abrasion, sticking and other common tabletting issues.
Items covered in this briefing:
• Finding a suitable design that will reduce wear
• Combating abrasion - comparative reciprocal wear testing of steels & coatings
• Case study Perrigo – Solving wear through steel selection
• Case study Thompson & Capper – Solving wear through advanced coatings
• Solving other tablet manufacturing problems and maximising productivity
I Holland have been making tablet punches and dies for over 70 years and we have a proven track record in solving these problems for our customers.